“This is the best PL out there!”
Register now for 1 and 2 day, hands-on, NESA endorsed workshops to best prepare for the new NSW K-12 Science syllabuses. Please choose from the following subjects and locations:
PRIMARY SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY:
- Inner West (Programming) – 28 September (Week 10, Term 3)
- Hills District (Programming) – 26 October (Week 2, Term 4)
- TBC for 2019: South West Sydney, North Shore, Shire (others by EOI)
- New England (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 1 & 2 November (Week 3, Term 4)
- Lake Macquarie (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 15 & 16 November (Week 5, Term 4)
- Kirribilli (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 22 & 23 November (Week 6, Term 4)
- Shire (Y12 Theory & Experiments)– 6 & 7 December (Week 8, Term 4)
- TBC for 2019: Y12 Riverina, Illawarra, Port Macquarie, Y11 Sydney (others by EOI)
- Lake Macquarie (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 8 & 9 November (Week 4, Term 4)
- North Sydney (Y12 Theory) – 16 November (Week 5, Term 4)
- Illawarra (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 22 & 23 November (Week 6, Term 4)
- Riverina (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 6 & 7 December (Week 8, Term 4)
- TBC for 2019: Y12 Shire, Y11 Sydney (others by EOI)
EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE:
- TBC for Term 4 2018 and 2019 (EOI)
- Y11 & 12 TBC for 2019 (EOI)
If you are interested in any of the following courses, anywhere in the state, please complete this Expression of Interest form
CrookED Science, under the umbrella endorsement* of the accredited provider, Science Teachers’ Association of NSW (STANSW) and through The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) of Institute Registered professional development, provides high-quality PD for the maintenance of accreditation at Proficient Teacher level.
Scope of Endorsement*
All Standards of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher
Completing CrookED Science events will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD per day, addressing 4 standards per day from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Professional development hours are accredited by Science Teachers’ Association of NSW Inc www.stansw.asn.au
Feedback from previous courses
“I really liked the experiments we got to try out and discussed how you could do them with K-6 students. Thank you for a fantastic day. I learnt a lot and feel more confident in teaching Science and Technology skills to students”. Jessica Bailey, Walters Road Public School.
“Thanks for a great day! I found your presentation style engaging and interesting and I respect your experience and expertise in the area”. Matt McKenzie, Thalgarrah Environmental Education Centre.
“Thank you for the opportunity where you shared your knowledge and skill with us. It was a very informative (but thankfully not very heavy) day and this reflects your skill in presenting”. Tanya Modini, Regina Coeli.
“Knew exactly what he was talking about and teaching us about, was well-prepared for all sessions and gave great feedback and scope for flexibility according to the group’s needs”. Trent Critchley, James Sheahan High School, Orange.
“This is the best PL out there!” Murray Rose, Denison College, Bathurst