$310AUD + GST per person. NESA Accredited at Proficient for 4.5 hours
This NESA ACCREDITED self-paced, on-demand course provides in depth professional learning for teachers new to HSC Physics and also experienced teachers seeking further development around From the Universe to the Atom for Teachers.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the content for HSC Physics Module 8 – From the Universe to the Atom, so they in turn will be able to best teach Module 8 and support student learning:
- Origins of the Elements
- Structure of the Atom
- Quantum Mechanical Nature of the Atom
- Properties of the Nucleus
- Standard Model
- Learn how to perform the mandatory and recommended experiments for From the Universe to the Atom safely with commonly available equipment
- Learn how to tackle a variety of new questions for From the Universe to the Atom and how to best structure responses to aid student learning
- Learn common student misconceptions in From the Universe to the Atom and how to avoid or overcome them
- Acquire appropriate and varied pedagogies for From the Universe to the Atom
- Receive resources you can use with your students
Completing From the Universe to the Atom for Teachers – HSC Physics Module 8 will contribute 4 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework addressing standard descriptor 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.