$310AUD + GST per person, NESA ACCREDITED 4.5 hours @Proficient
This NESA ACCREDITED self-paced, on-demand, online course provides in depth professional learning for teachers new to Year 11 Biology and also experienced teachers seeking further development around Biological Diversity.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the content for Y11 Biology Module 3, so they in turn will be able to best teach Biological Diversity and support student learning:
- Effects of the Environment on Organisms
- Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection
- Evolution – the Evidence
- Learn a variety of modelling techniques for Biological Diversity
- Learn common student misconceptions in Biological Diversity and how to avoid or overcome them
- Acquire appropriate and varied pedagogies for Biological Diversity
- Receive resources you can use with your students
Completing Biological Diversity for Teachers – HSC Biology Module 3 will contribute 4 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework addressing Standard Descriptor 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher in NSW.