Kinematics for Teachers – Y11 Physics Module 1
$240AUD + GST per person, 3.5 hours of NESA ACCREDITED PD.
This NESA ACCREDITED self-paced, on-demand course provides in depth professional learning for teachers new to Year 11 Physics and also experienced teachers seeking further development around Kinematics.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the content for Year 11 Physics Module 1 – Kinematics, so they in turn will be able to best teach Kinematics and support student learning:
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Motion on a Plane
- Learn how to perform the mandatory and recommended experiments for Kinematics safely with commonly available equipment
- Learn how to tackle a variety of new questions for Kinematics and how to best structure responses to aid student learning
- Learn common student misconceptions in Kinematics and how to avoid or overcome them
- Acquire appropriate and varied pedagogies for Kinematics
- Receive resources you can use with your students
Completing Kinematics for Teachers – Y11 Physics Module 1 will contribute 3 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum/EYLF addressing Standard Descriptor(s) 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.