Infectious Disease for Teachers – HSC Biology Module 7
$270AUD + GST per person. NESA ACCREDITED PD for 4 hours
This NESA Accredited self-paced, on-demand course provides in depth professional learning for teachers new to HSC Biology and also experienced teachers seeking further development around Infectious Disease.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the content for HSC Biology Module 7 – Infectious Disease, so they in turn will be able to best teach Infectious Disease and support student learning:
- Causes of Infectious Disease
- Responses to Pathogens
- Prevention, Treatment and Control
- Learn how to perform the mandatory and recommended experiments for Infectious Disease safely with commonly available equipment
- Learn common student misconceptions in Infectious Disease and how to avoid or overcome them
- Acquire appropriate and varied pedagogies for Infectious Disease
- Receive resources you can use with your students
Completing Infectious Disease for Teachers – HSC Biology Module 7 will contribute 4 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum/EYLF addressing Standard Descriptor 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.