Heredity for Teachers – HSC Biology Module 5
$310AUD + GST per person, NESA ACCREDITED PD for 4.5 hours
This NESA ACCREDITED self-paced, on-demand, online course provides in depth professional learning for teachers new to HSC Biology and also experienced teachers seeking further development around Heredity.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the content for HSC Biology Module 5, so they in turn will be able to best teach Heredity and support student learning:
- Cell Replication
- DNA and Polypeptide Synthesis
- Genetic Variation
- Inheritance Patterns in a Population
- Learn a variety of modelling techniques for Heredity
- Learn common student misconceptions in Heredity and how to avoid or overcome them
- Acquire appropriate and varied pedagogies for Heredity
- Receive resources you can use with your students
Completing Heredity for Teachers HSC Biology Module 5 will contribute 4 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum/EYLF addressing Standard Descriptor 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.