The Nature of Light for Teachers – HSC Physics Module 7
$280AUD + GST per person. NESA ACCREDITED PD for 4 hours
This NESA Accredited self-paced, on-demand course provides in depth professional learning for teachers new to HSC Physics and also experienced teachers seeking further development around The Nature of Light.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the content for HSC Physics Module 7 – The Nature of Light, so they in turn will be able to best teach The Nature of Light and support student learning:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Light: Wave Model
- Light: Quantum Model
- Light and Special Relativity
- Learn how to perform the mandatory and recommended experiments for The Nature of Light safely with commonly available equipment
- Learn how to tackle a variety of new questions for The Nature of Light and how to best structure responses to aid student learning
- Learn common student misconceptions in The Nature of Light and how to avoid or overcome them
- Acquire appropriate and varied pedagogies for The Nature of Light
- Receive resources you can use with your students
Completing The Nature of Light for Teachers – HSC Physics Module 7 will contribute 4 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum/EYLF addressing Standard Descriptor(s) 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.