Register now for Year 12 Theory for the New Physics Syllabus, a 1-day, hands-on, NESA endorsed workshop to best prepare for the theory in the new Year 12 Physics syllabus. Please choose from the following options:
- Eastern Suburbs (Y12 Experiments & Theory) – 16 & 17 August (Week 4, Term 3)
- New England (Y12 Theory & Experiments) – 30 & 31 August (Week 6, Term 3)
- Lismore (Y12 Experiments & Theory) – 13 & 14 September (Week 8, Term 3)
- Lake Macquarie (Y12 Experiments & Theory) – 8 & 9 November (Week 4, Term 4)
- North Sydney (Y12 Theory) – 16th November (Week 5, Term 4)
- Illawarra (Y12 Experiments & Theory) – 22 & 23 November (Week 6, Term 4)
- Riverina (Y12 Experiments & Theory) – 6 & 7 December (Week 8, Term 4)
- TBC for Terms 2-4: Shire (others by EOI)
This course is aimed at helping Stage 6 physics teachers better understand the Year 12 theory in the new Physics Stage 6 Syllabus. On this course, we will initially reflect on their progress through Year 11, including content, assessments, reporting, experiments and depth studies. The main part of this course will unpack the theory behind the content of the new syllabus to help develop and reaffirm the understanding of the participants. In particular we will be focusing on the new content:
- Advanced Mechanics
- The Nature of Light
- From the Universe to the Atom
- opportunities for Depth Studies
This course is best done in conjunction with Year 12 Experiments for the New Physics Syllabus.
Australian Professional Teaching Standards
This course addresses the following National Professional Standards for Teachers:
1.5.2 Develop teaching activities that incorporate differentiated strategies to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities.
2.5.2 Apply knowledge and understanding of effective teaching strategies to support students’ literacy and numeracy achievement.
3.2.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
6.3.2 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
CrookED Science, under the umbrella endorsement* of the accredited provider, Science Teachers’ Association of NSW (STANSW) and through The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) of Institute Registered professional development, provides high quality PD for the maintenance of accreditation at Proficient Teacher level.
Scope of Endorsement*
All Standards of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher
Completing CrookED Science’s Unpacking the New Physics Stage 6 Syllabus will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD per day, addressing 4 standards from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Professional development hours are accredited by Science Teachers’ Association of NSW Inc www.stansw.asn.au