Register now for Year 12 Theory for the New Biology Syllabus, a 1-day, hands-on, STANSW NESA Registered PD workshop to best prepare for the theory in the new Year 12 Biology syllabus. Please choose from the following options:
- TBC for 2019: Y12 Lismore, Illawarra, Port Macquarie; Y11 Sydney (others by EOI)
This course is aimed at helping Stage 6 Biology teachers learn the theory in the new Year 12 Biology syllabus and provide effective teaching strategies and resources that focus on the four main areas of the Year 12 course. We will be examining:
- Genetic Change,
- Infectious Disease and Non-infectious Disease,
We will be examining various methods of science pedagogy to facilitate student acquisition of knowledge and experimental skills. The new syllabus will be examined further, paying particular attention to learning opportunities in the Depth Studies. There will also be an exploration of activities to further enhance 7-10 Science.
This course is best done in conjunction with Year 12 Experiments for the New Biology Syllabus.
Australian Professional Teaching Standards
This course addresses the following National Professional Standards for Teachers:
- 1.2.2 Structure teaching programs using research and collegial advice about how students learn.
- 2.2.2 Organise content into coherent, well-sequenced learning and teaching programs.
- 3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
- 7.4.2 Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.
Completing CrookED Science’s Year 12 Theory for the New Biology Syllabus on 6th December 2018 will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 1.2.2, 2.2.2, 3.4.2 and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Professional development hours are accredited by Science Teachers’ Association of NSW Inc www.stansw.asn.au