We provide a blended learning mode of delivery for HSC Physics to cater for those schools that either lack a physics teacher, lack the numbers to warrant employing a full-time physics teacher or would benefit from some complementary physics instruction and building the capacity of existing physics teachers.
We also provide professional development for new and experienced physics teachers around content knowledge, skills and experimentation.
If you would like to discuss how we might provide physics teaching services for your school or system of schools please complete the contact form below.
In terms of physics credentials, Simon:
- has a BSc (Hons) in physics from the University of Manchester
- is currently completing his PhD in Physics Education Research at the University of Sydney
- is a published author of several journal articles on Physics Education Research
- taught physics for 15 years in 5 schools in England and Australia
- has been called into action to assist several other schools with their physics over the years
- ran a professional learning community for physics teachers for 3 years
- was a HSC Physics marker for 4 years and worked on HSC Physics Advice Line for 2 years
- has helped develop multimedia resources for HSC Physics (specifically Thomson’s Experiment)
- has access to some of the most astounding physicists and physics educators in Sydney and abroad; some of whom will be assisting in the resource development