We provide a blended learning mode of delivery for HSC Physics to cater for those schools that either lack a physics teacher, lack the numbers to warrant employing a full-time physics teacher or would benefit from some complementary physics instruction and building the capacity of existing physics teachers.
We also provide professional development for new and experienced physics teachers around content knowledge, skills and experimentation, particularly regarding preparing for the new NSW Physics Stage 6 Syllabus.
If you would like to discuss how we might provide physics teaching services for your school or system of schools please complete the contact form at the bottom.
In terms of physics credentials, Dr Simon Crook:
- has a PhD in Physics Education Research from the University of Sydney and a BSc (Hons) in Physics from the University of Manchester
- is Honorary Associate of the School of Physics at The University of Sydney
- was heavily involved in the consultation around the new Physics Syllabus
- has already developed and run many Y11 and Y12 professional development courses across NSW for the new NSW Physics Stage 6 Syllabus
- has published articles about the new Physics Stage 6 Syllabus
- is a published author of several international journal articles on physics education
- is a reviewer at four international science education journals
- has presented at several national and international physics conferences, including at the American Association of Physics Teachers Annual Conference
- taught physics for 15 years in 5 schools in England and Australia
- ran a professional learning community for physics teachers for 3 years
- was a HSC Physics marker for 4 years and worked on HSC Physics Advice Line for 2 years
- has developed multimedia resources for HSC Physics (specifically a simulation for Thomson’s Experiment)
- has access to some of the most outstanding physicists and science educators in Sydney and abroad; some of whom will be assisting in the resource development